Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Not the ten o'clock news...

I was out and about today, making the most of the holiday and so I visited the National Museum of Photography and Media in Bradford.

The museum is one of the most popular in the country, probably due to the popularity of TV, film and photography and I had a great time having a good look around.

The museum includes lots of original 'props' and equipment from TV and film sets with some lovely exhibitions of Childrens TV memorabilia, some of which brought a tear to my eye and made me feel very old indeed (Chorlton and the Wheelies anyone?).

Aside from the exhibitions and a superb IMAX theatre, there are also a few 'hands-on' areas too and me being me, I just had to have a fiddle at editing an episode of Emmerdale and then breaking a live report into the ten o'clock news from the BBC.



Now just before you all head for the hills H.G Wells style, this report certainly wasn't true although with an autocue failure at the end of my report, conspiracy theorists my just have a few things to say about whats really going on...

Anyway, if you have a spare day and this kind of thing flicks your switch then you'd do well to pay the museum a visit.

No comments: