Sunday, April 01, 2007

My first article for 18 Doughty Street


I recently joined the 18 Doughty Street panel of 100 citizen journalists from all over the UK. 18 Doughty Street is a politically based blog which also features television programmes, filmed on the premises exclusively for the website. Although the site is not 100% affiliated to any political party, it leans heavily towards the Conservatives. Largley due to the fact that its founders are members of the Conservative party.

The house is located in London and is a few hundred yards from the home of Charles Dickens. It was also the house where his daugher was born.

The property has been refitted internally to become a state-of-the art television studio, with seven cameras and a full-staff of journalists, technicians and even... bloggers.

you can see my first report for the website here: It concerns the popularity of politics in the North West of England.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Paul, I've just signed up as a citizen journalist too. I am press officer for Julian Sturdy who is a PPC in York Outer, I found your very interesting. Lots of the problems you raised about engaging the electorate and making politics connect with people on an every day level are pretty much the same all over the UK. I look forward to your next report.