Friday, July 29, 2005











The Keswick convention is a multi-denominational Christian convention, which has been running annually for over 130 years in the town of Keswick, Cumbria

At one particular meeting during the convention, the speaker alluded to Janus, the two-faced Roman god who looked both backwards into the past and forwards into the future. We name the first month of the year after him.

As I write about my week at the convention, I too have been challenged to look back. Backwards to events which took place nearly 2000 years ago in a country 2000 miles away. I'm also challenged to look forwards, to consider my place in a world which seems to ache for peace. Not just peace between individuals or nations but peace between the created man and the creator God.

The message from the platform at Keswick has been clear. Christians may base their future hope on events past, but there's no place for 'two-faced' Christians. We need to be 'people of the book' and we need to radiate the light of Christ in a dark world.

I could write a long blog here about all that's gone on this week but as I come away from Keswick, I am simply challenged to obey the commission of Christ and also to "love my neighbor as myself". Enough said.

No comments: